Setting goals are the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
I have to admit that achieving goals is something that I don’t often do. I do the ones like pass school and university but nothing else really. Every year I set goals and by March, something has happened and they all go down the hill. I used to get disappointed in myself but the last few years I haven’t even cared. This year I thought I would do things differently
Instead of setting goals I want to make life changes and create habits. So basically I am not looking at the big big picture but rather the steps that will get me to the big picture. I feel that if I do this then I may not be so overwhelmed.
- Mental health
- Spending 30 minutes a day to myself doing whatever makes me happy, watching tv, reading etc.
- Saying no if I don’t want to do something
- Saying how I feel and not bottling the feelings up inside
- Say something nice about myself every day
- Physical health
- Gym twice a week, but not get upset if I don’t make it
- Eat breakfast
- Write two posts a week
- Share something on social media that will send people to my blog every second day
- Interact with people on social media and blog
- Do things that I can blog about, go to events etc.
- Life goals
- Take a photo at every event, family, friends, blog. no matter how small it is
- Not worry about the future
- Let go of things that are no in my control
- See my cousins once a month
For me this is not easy, some people may think that they are small things but for someone who really struggles with depression, they are rather big.