Three everyday eyeshadow palettes

On a normal day, I like to keep my eyeshadow more natural looking. I love the more neutral colours because they work with my skin tone, they go with any outfit really and I feel they take less time to work with. When one decides to go colourful or bold one really needs to be willing to commit the time and effort to make sure it looks good.

Essence all about the nudes eyeshadow

My first go to palette is the essence all about nudes eyeshadows. This palette does not have the most amazing pigmentation but it works for a simple nude look. There are eight eyeshadows of which I normally stick to using the same four. I enjoy the medium shades on this palette as I find they work well for blending in the crease of the eye. This palette costs R89.95 and can be bought at Clicks, Dischem and Takealot.

Essence get picture ready eyeshadow

The next palette I like to use is also an essence palette.  This is a palette that I got on sale about a year ago and now I can not find anywhere. The palette was a part of the get picture ready range that they had out. In the palette there are seven colours of which I like to use about two when doing a look. In general, I do use all the colours as they are well pigmented and are of a nice colour range.

Revlon PhotoReady eyeshadow

My latest palette which I adore is from Revlon, which I just found out today tests on animals (sad face). The palette comes from their PhotoReady Primer + Shadow Metropolitan range. This palette is more pricey as it costs R255.00 but the pigmentation of these shadows is amazing and the consistency of the shadows is also great. There are six colours in the palette and they all have a shine to them. I like to use two of them as highlighters because the way the product spreads is just so fantastic. Again these palettes are available at Clicks, Dischem and take a lot.

1. andthenzen ✨

April 6, 2018 at 8:24 pm

These are some great day to day shades, and I love the shimmers in the second palette – I tend to be quite a dark eyeshadow gal myself, so I’m not afraid to wear a bold eye even through the day.. 🙊

2. Graceful Glamour UK

April 7, 2018 at 1:00 pm

I’ve just started using Essence in my quest to use all cruelty free cosmetics. I’m loving what I’ve got so far, thanks for the recommendations xx

1. admin

April 8, 2018 at 8:43 am

I am also on the quest for cruelty free products and it is a rather tricky quest

3. Juliet Ly

April 8, 2018 at 6:47 pm

I’ve never tried essence eyeshadows before. You should definitely check out wet and wild. They have great cruelty free products plus they’re pretty cheap too!

1. admin

April 9, 2018 at 7:01 am

I will definitely be checking wet and wild out soon

4. Stephanie Jay

April 8, 2018 at 7:02 pm

Ah I love the Revlon palette but sad to know that they test on animals x

5. Nancy

April 8, 2018 at 7:26 pm

I haven’t used eyeshadows before but love the shade of your Essence palette! Love how they’re rich looking! I totally adore the packaging of the Revlon palette. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

exquisitely.me

6. Wiki

April 9, 2018 at 8:56 am

Hello ,

I saw your tweet about animals and thought I will check your website. I like it!

I love pets. I have two beautiful thai cats called Tammy(female) and Yommo(male). Yommo is 1 year older than Tommy. He acts like a bigger brother for her. 🙂
    I have even created an Instagram account for them ( https://www.instagram.com/tayo_home/ ) and probably soon they will have more followers than me (kinda funny).

I have subscribed to your newsletter. 🙂

Keep up the good work on your blog.

Regards
    Wiki

7. Another Little Birdie

April 9, 2018 at 10:36 pm

I’ve tried the Revlon one before, great for people who aren’t the best at makeup!! I really loved that one. I graduated up to a slightly fancier palette, but I would still use that any day. Lovely post 🙂