Disappointing foundation

Last year for some reason I went a little wild and spent a rather large amount on a Stila foundation. I went to the Stila beauty counter at Woolworths and got myself matched for the right colour. I was so excited about my buy.

The foundation I splurged on was the Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer. I was mainly excited about this because the lady said that it would help with my red tones on my face and cover up those unwanted pimples. I remember walking out the store feeling so excited to get home and use this foundation.

The first time I used this foundation I found it to be rather heavy and was defiantly a full coverage foundation. I was not blown away buy it but I did like it.  I just spent R500.00 on foundation, there was a sale so it came to R350.00, still, that’s a lot to spend. Anyway, I decided that this would only be used for special occasions or when my skin was really misbehaving.

The more I used this product the more disappointed I became. Today was the last straw, I decided I would have to share how disappointed I am. I know last year I said I loved it and I did but now I feel I can give a more comprehensive review.

Firstly I find this foundation to be really hard to work with, it sits on the skin in a heavy manner and does not blend out easily. I then find that it sits in the places one does not want it to sit. The lines on my forehead, for example, are made extra obvious with this foundation. I also find that it sinks into one’s pores, even with a pore primer, and makes them feel uncomfortable. I find the foundation to be too heavy and oily for my skin and overall I just do not enjoy it.

The packaging isn’ too bad, it is very pretty. I did not like the pump which one has to use to get the foundation out. I find that it pumps out too much and then one has to leave foundation there or wipe it up and throw it out ( a waste.)

No matter how much powder I use this foundation feels like it is sliding everywhere on my face. I feel self-conscious going out with it on as I am not sure if it will look good within an hour or two.

Overall I would not recommend you spend your money on this foundation. However, the brand is really great and there are so many of their products you should buy.

1. Sarah Dean

April 9, 2018 at 4:15 pm

That’s such a shame! Maybe it would be better on other skin types but I have oily skin and visible pores so think I’ll give this one a miss!

2. Gabrielle Banner

April 9, 2018 at 5:43 pm

Ahh I hate foundations that move around my face – when you put it on, you expect it to stay there! I’m running low on my Kat Von D Lock It foundation so I’m glad I read this before dropping some money on it! ❤️

3. Charlotte Lane

April 10, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Ooh this foundation doesn’t sound great at all, I’ll be stearing clear of this one!

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

4. Juliet Ly

April 10, 2018 at 11:58 pm

Oh that’s so disappointing especially for a more expensive foundation. I’m currently loving the lancome teint idole ultra cushion foundation. It has great coverage.

1. admin

April 11, 2018 at 7:02 am

I will check it out

5. Keksey

April 11, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I find the only high end foundation that works for me Are the tarte and too faced foundations everything else breaks out my skin

1. admin

April 11, 2018 at 1:21 pm

I wish we got this foundations in South Africa so I could check them out

6. Allison

April 11, 2018 at 2:38 pm

I got this foundation and was disappointed too! Great blog post! Try the laura mercier I’ve never been disappointed 🙂

1. admin

April 11, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Thank you for the recommendation i will check it out

7. Alice

April 11, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Ahh this is such a shame , I’ve heard great things about Stila products but honestly nothing I’ve tried has blown me away either! Such a disappointment, especially for the price too!
    Alice Xx

8. Meg

April 12, 2018 at 8:32 am

Its the worst when you’re excited for a product only to be completely disappointed! We’ve all been there. Even worse if its an expensive splurge.

1. admin

April 12, 2018 at 9:39 am

I think the fact i spent so much just made it that little bit worse

9. Jasmine Watson

April 15, 2018 at 5:08 pm

nothing worse when you pay out for an expensive product and it turns out to be pure crap. I love their liquid glitter things tho, they’re worth picking up <3

10. Lily

April 17, 2018 at 10:52 am

Ah that’s so annoying! Hopefully you can find a foundation you do love! I’ve heard great things about their eye products so maybe give them a go xx

Lily | The Wellbeing Edit

11. Alice

April 23, 2018 at 7:29 am

I don’t think I’ve ever tried anything from Stila, some of their stuff does look lovely though. It’s a shame you feel like you wasted your money! This is exactly how I felt with the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation, I just felt like it slid around my face and sunk into every line and pore but other people love it so I don’t get it! x

Alice | http://www.accordingtoalicex.com